Friday, August 7, 2015

Quick and Easy Taco Soup--Delicious!

I've been so busy lately and one evening earlier this week I needed to come up with something quick for dinner. I had some hamburger thawed, so I knew I wanted to start with that. I poked around in the fridge and found a lovely bell pepper along with lots of onions, so next I perused the pantry shelves and made up my mind. Taco Soup sounded like just the thing.

The recipe below is for a smallish batch (serves 3 people), but I listed ingredients in parentheses to make a larger batch  that would easily feed a good-sized family--especially if you serve it with cornbread, biscuits, or buttered bread, etc. And bear in mind that all the ingredients can be increased or decreased according to your tastes.



Ready to Eat!
 
A Close-up View

Quick and Easy Taco Soup

1/4 lb. hamburger (1 lb.)
1/2 onion, chopped (1 onion)
1/2 bell pepper, chopped (1 bell pepper)
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with chiles (2 cans if you like lots of spice)
1 can diced tomatoes (2 cans)
2+ cans water (4+ cans water)
1 T. powdered Ranch Dressing mix (2 T.), or use a packet if that's what you have 
1/4 tsp. garlic powder (1/2 tsp.)
1 tsp. cumin (1 1/2 tsp.)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup uncooked white rice (1/2 cup)
 
Brown hamburger and then drain grease. Add the remaining ingredients, cover and simmer until rice is done, about 25 minutes. Once the soup is ready, you can add more water if you want your soup soupier.
 
Eat as is, or top with cheese:

Sour cream would probably be tasty also.
 

It's a breeze to make. And it's a delight to eat!

Hope all is well with you and yours. The summer is speeding by, and tomorrow I'm going to can about 50 pounds of tuna. I can't wait!

Carry on!
Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment